Extra weight is a problem for every person either male or female. Heavyweight people face many difficulties in their daily routine. Sometimes they also feel shame when someone points out their body shape.
People use many things like taking diet pills, exercising, engaging in restrictive eating habits, following a tough diet plan, etc. to speed up metabolism and lose some fat. But according to most experts, all this rapid weight loss is not suitable for a healthy body.
Sometimes a question comes to everyone’s mind, “How much weight can you lose in a week?”. The answer is if you stop eating altogether and increase your exercise, then you can lose up to 30 pounds in a week.
But do you know what will happen when you try to lose weight fast? Rapid weight loss techniques include some side effects on the body and this is also not good for your health. You may feel problems like headache, fatigue, hair loss, muscle loss, constipation, and gallstones.
Before starting your weight loss journey you should know about how much weight loss in per week is enough for your body. Total weight loss with lifestyle intervention is 3-4% of starting weight. There are number of factors that contribute to weight loss. You may loss less or more by focusing on these 7 factors that contribute to weight loss.
Factors That Contribute to Weight Loss:
1. Body Mass: According to experts if you are starting off at a higher BMI (Body mass index) then you will loss more weight in a week as compared to someone with a lower BMI. The body muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat means the weight of fat and muscle is same. Many health and fitness experts rely more on body composition measurements rather than simply the weight on the scale.
2. Water Weight: Our body is madeup of 60% water, you may see one to five pounds of weight fluctuation due to water weight. But you should not consider water weight loss as actual weight loss because it will come again when you hydrtae again.
3. Calorie Deficit: While weight loss most people focus on calorie intake. A serious calorie intake restrictions will lead to rapid weight loss. According to experts you must follow moderate and sustainable approach while consuming calories per day. The person who regularly exercises needs more calories than another person. A 500 calorie deficit per day should lead to one pound per weight loss per week. To follow calorie deficit mechanism properly you may consult a weight loss expert.
4. Nutrition: For effective weight loass calories are not the only thing that you need to focus. Nutrition is most important for healthy weight loss. You may take rich nutrients foods that may include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products, protein-rich food including seafood, lean meats and poultry, eggs, beans, peas, soy products, nuts, and seeds, and is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt, and added sugars.
5. Movement: Movement is also one of the main factor in weight loss journey. You can try to find ways for movement throughout the day. Exercise is very beneficial for health even without weight loss.
6. Sleep: Sleep has a big role in overall weight loss. According to experts and studies decreased quality and quantity of sleep is reason for obesity. For your effective weight loss journey you need to take proper sleep at regular intervals that will increase the energy that impacts everyday’s movement.
7. Stress: Stress is also a part of our life but too much stress is harmful for you. Stress can affect our hunger and fullness cues that cause overeating. For effective weight loss you need to get away from stress.