College is a platform you put your first step towards this big competitive world. It gives you a base of your career what you will adopt in the future. As much as it is very exciting. You learn a lot during your college days. And also get an opportunity to introduce yourself to the world, what is your ability and guts. How are you different from others? So you should be careful about how you can enjoy your proper college life and can gain high from it.
So I am going to tell you things you should avoid during college life.
- Being Dull: You should avoid to being dull during college days. Be expressive and observing. Always be ready to share problems, ideas and knowledge with classmates and professors. Observe your surroundings that will help you to know better about yourself own and your abilities, likes and dislikes. Understand why you are attending the college.
- Procrastination: You should avoid procrastination or delaying or postponing any task again and again. Procrastination only increases the level of frustration, stress, and anxiety and guilty and even sometimes it also leads to depression for not completing any work on time for students.
- Imbalance Routines: Some students are so scheduled, being so they are missing to enjoy their hours with friends and at the same time also focus on study. Keep balance for doing every stuff. Also you should not be too indulging in outgoing, parties, wasting all your money or spending full day on canteens. Don’t forget to have some fun or don’t do the fun stuffs too much.
- Don’t do any productive work: They do not do any productive work during college and regret the same in whole life. They do not track expenses and ended up in debt. They do not think of future a lot and forget about present…so they do not move forward.
- Overthinking: The difference between the ones who succeed and the ones who fail is that they look at failure as a learning experience. The college life is a good opportunity to take some risks, participate in events. Don’t be afraid of risks and failure. It is difficult to accept that we are not good enough, it does not matter who you are, failure and rejection, what other people thinks of you never be pleasant.
- Not staying in touch with future job opportunities and employment news and upgraded business world: You should stay in touch with all the development and changes in the job market. You need to know what skills and qualification required in today job market and also be ready to adapt new qualities and upgraded skills and also be updated with new business world so you can rely on today upgraded world.
- Not taking advantage of your resources: Never feel awkward for asking for help. College campuses are full of people who want you to succeed. Professors have their work hours because they have to help students and have to know them. There are lot of facilities all around campus to help their students. Like academic and career advice, physical and mental health.
- Not being amiable in nature: You should be amiable in nature. Take help from seniors, sometimes their advice may be more helpful than other. And also be helpful to juniors, let them learn from your experience. And help everyone who need. This will automatically feel you happy, good and satisfy. It will also improve your mental health and you will stay happier.
- Choosing of friend circle: College students are now mature enough to think of their good or bad. But sometimes students make mistake of while choosing friends. You have to know that what people are pushing you up and motivate you to go to positive direction and who are pushing down and distracting you from your life goals. Be aware what you want in life and what direction will help you, otherwise it will only be a guilty for whole life.
- Neglecting to maintain nutritional and physical fitness: Students should be aware of their nutritional and physical fitness. Be aware to your health, what you eat and what physical activities you are doing to keep you fit. Good health will lead to your good academic results and all over results in life. Good health makes life easier.
At last, you learn a lot during in college, which you will express to the world during your career. How you will behave ethical or unethical and legal or illegal in your career. What’s are your ethics, your beliefs, what’s your vision, likelihood of all these things becoming solid when you leave your college.
So you should take care and do your best during college. What you give to the world in return, will give you an identity of yourself to the world.